The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, has registered a 17 per cent increase in its postgraduate placements and 10 per cent increase in its overall placements in the first 10 days. Placements at IIT Delhi has thus shown an increase from previous years
1. As per preliminary data, postgraduate job offers registered over a 17 per cent increase this year.
2. Placements have been robust across all streams with the overall hiring registering a 10 per cent climb till day 10.
3. These numbers are likely to go up further by the end of phase-I
4. This placement season also recorded substantial increase in the Post Graduate students’ placements in comparison with last year.
5. This year, the PG placement offers saw a jump of 17 per cent
Till the 10th day of the ongoing placement process, the institute registered a 10 per cent rise in the overall jobs offered to students across streams and officials associated with the exercise believe the overall percentage will improve further in coming days.
Anishya Madan, ILO at the Training and Placement Unit of IIT Delhi maintains that, “The T&P unit caters to the needs of both UG and PG students at IIT Delhi. Placements calls for testing advanced skills and knowledge of students since recruiting organisations expect students to be abreast with the latest trends in technology. We have recorded a good jump in the recruitment of students this year which is a positive sign.”
The IIT Delhi placement activities began on December 2 and the first phase of this year’s recruitment exercise will end on December 15. The second phase will begin on January next year. And this increase will only boost the morale of the students to skill themselves better to achieve higher goals in their career, later.