On October 16, 2022, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the National Education Policy-2020 for the academic session 2022-23 in higher education at the Mukhya Sevak Sadan at the Chief Minister’s residence in the state.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that Uttarakhand has launched the National Education Policy 2020 for the first time in the country.
- It is known that Uttarakhand was the first to start its elementary education from Bal Vatika.
- He said that Devbhoomi Uttarakhand is the land of scholars. Many ideas will come from this Devbhoomi for better implementation of the new education policy. Now efforts will have to be made that in the coming time, 100 percent of children should enter Bal Vatikas.
- He informed that the National Education Policy 2020 has been made keeping in mind all aspects of human life. Apart from education, special attention has also been paid to the skill development of children, their personality development, linguistic development, and moral values.
- The Union Education Minister said that under the National Education Policy, children are being linked to formal education for 3 years, under which Bal Vatika was started.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that positive steps have been taken by the Higher Education Department in an effective and phased manner toward the implementation of the National Education Policy 2020 in the state.
- The New Education Policy is a policy designed under the leadership and guidance of the Prime Minister to open new dimensions of building a new, modern, strong, and self-reliant India of the 21st century, which has been prepared by the renowned academicians of the country and it is a powerful medium to fulfill the new hopes and new needs of new India.
- State School Education and Higher Education Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that under nep 2020, admissions have been started in higher educational institutions from the current academic session. For this, courses have been prepared according to the new policy.
- The Departmental Minister informed that for the implementation of the new policy, a State Level Task Force was constituted as well as a Screening Committee and Curriculum Design Committee, whose curriculum was prepared after several rounds of meetings at various levels and suggestions received from the public domain. Gone. This course is approved by BOS, the Academic Council, and the Executive Committee of all universities.
- He said that under the new policy, students would get the benefit of a choice-based credit system and now they would be able to choose their favorite subject and university.
- Dr. Rawat informed me that the new courses will be research, innovation, and entrepreneurship based. It has advanced courses like robotics. Courses such as Indian Knowledge Tradition, Communication Skills, Environment, Management Paradise of Bhagavad Gita, Yoga, Vivekananda Studies, Personal Development, Ramcharitmanas, Traditional Knowledge, Vedic Science, and Vedic Mathematics are also kept in each semester of 6 semesters of the Co-curricular course.
For More Such Articles, News Update, Events, and Many More Click Here