Delhi University is set to reopen from tomorrow and has issued several important guidelines for the resumption of classes.
A lot of colleges and higher educational institutions have taken the decision to resume physical classes on campus as the COVID-19 cases across the country are on a steady decline. The Delhi University (DU) administration has issued a similar decision regarding reopening colleges.
All colleges affiliated with Delhi University are set to reopen from tomorrow, September 15. Offline classes on campus will be resumed for several students, after being shut down for over 1.5 years, keeping in mind the COVID situation across the country.
A list of detailed COVID guidelines has been issued by the Delhi University administration in order to maintain a safe environment during offline classes. The detailed COVID guidelines issued by the university are mentioned below.
DU Reopening: Important guidelines
- All the teaching and non-teaching staff need to get both doses of the COVID vaccine as soon as possible.
- All the students who have decided to attend offline classes from tomorrow should have received at least one dose of the COVID vaccine.
- It is mandatory for students returning to hostels to submit the certificate for both doses of the COVID vaccine.
- For the time being, the theory classes for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in DU will be conducted online.
- The concerned departments will be issuing slots to students if they wish to visit the college library.
- All students must note that offline classes are only resuming for final year UG and PG students, who will only be allowed to attend practical classes and use the library.
- Only those practical classes will be conducted by DU, which is essential for the upcoming semester.
- Attendance in physical classes is optional and students still reserve the option of attending online classes from home.
- The college administration is required to issue a timetable that is flexible and allows the following of all the COVID guidelines issued by the varsity.
Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) allowed the reopening of schools and colleges in the national capital on August 30. The schools in Delhi resume physical classes for students in senior standards, and several colleges have also resumed physical classes for final-year students.
For More Such Articles, News Update, Events, and Many More Click Here