Prof. Dr. Sudhir Gavhane
Former MIT-World: Peace University, Pune, India
Dr. Sudhir Gavhane, is one of the senior higher education leader in India and media expert. He is the former VC of Y. C. Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).
He possesses university level teaching and research experience of more than three decades and he is higher education quality assessor of NAAC for the last 15 years.
He has held various reputed positions in the past including
- Professor & Head, Department of Mass Communication & Journalism, Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- Director, Institute of Open & Distance Learning, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- Director, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Research Centre Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Vice-Chancellor, Yeshwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University,
- Director, Student Welfare, (1996-2000) Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
He has various publications to his names including Patrakarita: Shod & Bodha (Book on Journalism), Gramin Patrakarita (Book of Monogram on Rural Journalism) and Patrakarita Vichar & Vyawahar (Journalism: Thoughts & Practice) in Marathi. Newspaper Economics, South Asian Social Research Publication, Press Monopoly in India and South Asian Social Research Publication in English language.
He has 26 years teaching experience at Post-graduate level at University Department of Mass Communication & Journalism, Dr. Babsaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad (Maharashtra) India. 7 Ph. D. Students have successfully completed Doctoral work in the discipline of Mass Communication & Journalism under his mentorship. Currently, he is Guiding 10 Research students.